Auto Immune Disorder
What is AUTO IMMUNE DISORDER
Autoimmune disorder is a condition in which the immune system, which generally defends the body against the disease, starts healthy cells also as a intruder in the body, as a result immune system attacks the healthy cells. Autoimmune disorder affects the different organs and tissues in the body. There are many types of autoimmune disorder. This disorder may have no signs or worsening symptoms. There is no curative therapy, treatment for the autoimmune disorder. This disorder affects the different parts of the body depending on the type of the disorder. There are around 80 or more autoimmune disorders.
causes of Autoimmune Disorders
Normally, the immune system produces antibodies against the antigens that enable to destroy the harmful substances like bacteria, virus, etc. When having autoimmune disorder, the immune system is not able to distinguish between the healthy tissue and the antigen. As a result, the body destroys the healthy tissue as well.
Causes of Auto Immune Disorder are unknown but some prominent triggers are enumerated as under:
4. Germs and parasites
7. Chemical irritants
8. Environmental irritants
Autoimmune Disorder – According To Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a holistic medicine, which treats the main root cause of the disease. According to this, the autoimmune disorders occurs due to ama (the toxic waste material); whereas ama is caused by the low agni (digestive fire) and low ojas (immunity). So the root cause of the autoimmune disorder is low agni and weak ojas.
2 tablets twice or thrice a day for 30 to 40 days with warm water to contain skin diseases caused by Autoimmune Disorders.
Common types of Auto Immune Disorder are described as under:
1. Rheumatoid arthritis: It is the disorder in which there is an inflammation of the joints and surrounding tissues.
2. Pernicious anemia: It is a type of anemia, which is caused when there is an inability of the body to absorb vitamin B12 which ultimately decreases in red blood counts.
3. Celiac sprue disease: In this disease there is a reaction to gluten (wheat, rye and barley) that causes damage to the lining of the small intestine
4. Vitiligo: There is a formation of the white patches and loss of pigment on skin.
5. Scleroderma: This is a connective tissue disease that causes change in skin, blood vessels, muscles and internal organs.
6. Psoriasis: It is a skin disease which causes redness and silvery patches on the skin.
7. Inflammatory bowel disease: It is a group of inflammatory disease of the colon and small intestine.
8. Addison’s disease: It is caused due to deficiency of adrenal gland.
9. Hashimoto’s disease: It is the inflammation of the thyroid gland.
10. Type 1 diabetes: Destruction of insulin producing cells in the pancreas.
Body parts which are often affected by Autoimmune Disorder
• Blood vessels
• Connective tissues
• Thyroid or pancreas (Endocrine glands)
• Red blood cells
Prognosis of Autoimmune Disorder
Most autoimmune diseases are chronic and they may be controlled by treatment. When symptoms get worse, it is called flare-up. The outcome depends on the gravity of disease.
Complications of Autoimmune Disorders
Complications depend on the disease. Medicines used to suppress the immune system can cause severe side effects, such as higher risk of infection.
Symptoms of the Autoimmune Disorder
• Dry skin
• Rapid heartbeat
• Muscle pain
• Joint pain
• MalaiseCBC Antinuclear antibody test
• Autoantibody tests
• ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
• Comprehensive metabolic panel
Best treatment available for the Autoimmune Disorder
GULVALEX capsule Giloy capsules is the pure extract of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia).These capsules are natural, herbal and completely safe Ayurvedic formulation. This herbal remedy builds strong immune system. It is a potent anti inflammatory and blood purifier. All the parts of this herb are beneficial. The stem attends the fever, irritation of the eyes and blood impurities. The root is effective in leprosy while the leaves are effective in rheumatism. It is also very effective to fight against the autoimmune disorders. The uses of these capsules are varied and versatile.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice or thrice a day with warm water after meals.
HEMOCLIN tablets :2 tablets twice or thrice a day for 30 to 40 days with warm water to contain skin diseases caused by Auto Immune Disorders.
VIGOPROT granules 2 teaspoonful twice a day to replenish the energy lost due to viral, bacterial, chemical toxicities.
Aarogya Vardhini Vati (500mg): 1 to 2 tablets twice or thrice a day for 30 to 40 days with warm water.
DYNOGESIC Liniment: For local application on painful, inflammed rheumatoid affections.
EPIDERMOIL: For local application on psoriatic lesions caused by Auto Immune Disorders.